Sovereign Game Studios' personal website. Providing you with up to date information regarding our video game title.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

what do you want to do first sci fi or fantasy

how  to make  your  own  sci  fi or fanasty  universe: part one sci fi or fantasy  Vote_lcap0%how  to make  your  own  sci  fi or fanasty  universe: part one sci fi or fantasy  Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
how  to make  your  own  sci  fi or fanasty  universe: part one sci fi or fantasy  Vote_lcap100%how  to make  your  own  sci  fi or fanasty  universe: part one sci fi or fantasy  Vote_rcap 100% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 10

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

ghost59

ghost59
this will teach you how to make your own sci fi or fantasy universe.

now making a sci fi or fantasy universe you must have an idea of the universe, the characters, planets,cities etc

there's a big difference between sci fi and fantasy

fantasy usually takes place in an world of magic, animal like characters games like final fantasy, world of warcraft etc, fantasy universe is very different from sci fi.

a sci fi universe mostly take place in the future,like halo, or BORDERLANDS. which have rich universes .

now we will chose between sci fi or fantasy to make a
and later on we will make a fantasy or sci fi universe
now ill put a poll up fo sci fi or fantasy

Last edited by ghost59 on Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kusa 'Aezotee

Kusa 'Aezotee
Sounds interesting. Guess I'll choose sci fi.

Jony

Jony
Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:Sounds interesting. Guess I'll choose sci fi.

Omg Very Happy you have amazing profile picture.

Jony

Jony
Good guide again. I like scifi more.

Kusa 'Aezotee

Kusa 'Aezotee
Jony wrote:
Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:Sounds interesting. Guess I'll choose sci fi.

Omg Very Happy you have amazing profile picture.
Thanks. lol

ghost59

ghost59
sci fi wins then Smile Exclamation

Noble

Dev Team
Define universe; like a game?

1st LT Knadan

1st LT Knadan
Noble wrote:Define universe; like a game?
Not necessarily, it could be a story, or anime, or comic.

ghost59

ghost59
LT said
its a story, or yet comic,
it can be anything
what this does is teach people to make anything they want with a story from comics,games, movies, anime etc
and so i shall start some guides on how to make an universe, this will be a voting thing
what will we see in this new universe the secrets, etc
then ill be doing fantasy then after a comic, anime etc
and maybe game.
so no it is not like a game its everything

Noble

Dev Team
ghost59 wrote:
LT said
it can be anything
what this does is teach people to make anything they want with a story from comics,games, movies, anime etc
and so i shall start some guides on how to make an universe, this will be a voting thing
and maybe game.

It's kinda self explanatory is it not? All you really need is good diction and grammar.

ghost59

ghost59
Noble wrote:
ghost59 wrote:
LT said
it can be anything
and maybe game.

It's kinda self explanatory is it not? All you really need is good diction and grammar.
true
but its kinda a group thing for this

All you have to do is make a pretty cool guy that kills aliens and doesn't afraid of anything.

1st LT Knadan

1st LT Knadan
LH Justin wrote:All you have to do is make a pretty cool guy that kills aliens and doesn't afraid of anything.
I see what you did there.

As for just needing good diction and grammar, you're probably going to need more than that for building a whole universe.
There's stuff like: what kinds of peoples are there? What tech levels are they(for sci-fi)? How 'xactly do people use magic(for fantasy)? And these are just some simple things, there is a lot more to building whole 'verses than diction and grammar.

Noble

Dev Team
1st LT Knadan wrote:
LH Justin wrote:All you have to do is make a pretty cool guy that kills aliens and doesn't afraid of anything.
I see what you did there.

As for just needing good diction and grammar, you're probably going to need more than that for building a whole universe.
There's stuff like: what kinds of peoples are there? What tech levels are they(for sci-fi)? How 'xactly do people use magic(for fantasy)? And these are just some simple things, there is a lot more to building whole 'verses than diction and grammar.

Yet those are the easy parts, you can go with it as you work and take notes on the certain facts. As for even making one you would need an idea for where you're going with it before you even get started.

ghost59

ghost59
ok fine i wont do it on here

>_> just remove the post and forget it about it

1st LT Knadan

1st LT Knadan
@Noble: fair point
@ghost: why not here?

ghost59

ghost59
1st LT Knadan wrote:@Noble: fair point
@ghost: why not here?

im not sure anymore
and idk if i know enough anymore

ghost59

ghost59
so im just going to let this pro tell u guys how

Wiltz

Wiltz
How a sci fi universe for me starts is I think of one thing that could happen and how it could affect the world around people. Such as space flight; this leads to colonising new worlds, first contact of extra terrestrial life, galactic war.

After you have these main points you go into them and build a story around each individual part. Once the story is made you think of the characters and give them their own personality. When the characters's personality is designed you can see how the outcomes affect them as an individual. Then you think of the story you wish to tell, and tell it remembering not to contradict what has been made and to always reference it so the story doesn't leave the universe.

ghost59

ghost59
Wiltz wrote:How a sci fi universe for me starts is I think of one thing that could happen and how it could affect the world around people. Such as space flight; this leads to colonising new worlds, first contact of extra terrestrial life, galactic war.

After you have these main points you go into them and build a story around each individual part. Once the story is made you think of the characters and give them their own personality. When the characters's personality is designed you can see how the outcomes affect them as an individual. Then you think of the story you wish to tell, and tell it remembering not to contradict what has been made and to always reference it so the story doesn't leave the universe.
no it dont
i wanted to build one here but hey i dont know enough and my grammer sucks

Wiltz

Wiltz
ghost59 wrote:
Wiltz wrote:How a sci fi universe for me starts is I think of one thing that could happen and how it could affect the world around people. Such as space flight; this leads to colonising new worlds, first contact of extra terrestrial life, galactic war.

no it dont
That's how I think of a universe, everyone has their own way of doing it.

ghost59

ghost59
Wiltz wrote:
ghost59 wrote:

no it dont

yes true but i dont wanna miss lead people if a pro can do it then hey thats good,ill keep my ideas to myself

Wiltz

Wiltz
ghost59 wrote:
Wiltz wrote:
ghost59 wrote:

no it dont

yes true but i dont wanna miss lead people if a pro can do it then hey thats good,ill keep my ideas to myself
Currently writing a novel and it's getting published by Collins. If you've heard of them, it's almost done and then it will be on store shelves!

ghost59

ghost59
Wiltz wrote:
ghost59 wrote:
Wiltz wrote:
ghost59 wrote:

no it dont

Currently writing a novel and it's getting published by Collins. If you've heard of them, it's almost done and then it will be one store shelves!
oh my novel immortals is far from being done and quest for cheese cake is supposed to be a comic

Kusa 'Aezotee

Kusa 'Aezotee
Wiltz wrote:
ghost59 wrote:
Wiltz wrote:
ghost59 wrote:

no it dont

Currently writing a novel and it's getting published by Collins. If you've heard of them, it's almost done and then it will be on store shelves!
What's it about? Might have to see if I can find one. lol

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Copyright © 2012 Sovereign Game Studios All Rights Reserved.