Sovereign Game Studios' personal website. Providing you with up to date information regarding our video game title.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

SirMarty

SirMarty
1st LT Knadan wrote:So I guess if we have four squads of two fireteams, that could make up a platoon...
Then let the clan battles begin! Very Happy I would figure one of the warzones of the game could be "Grifball", and you would basically grab the bomb in the middle of the map and try to carry it to the opposing side while your team defends you. You can also make a pass and do it badly to where an enemy catches it, or make a good pass to where an ally catches it. I would also imagine the announcer at the beginning of the game saying: "Neutral ball! Let's go berserk!"

As for the sexiness of this thread, it is finished.

https://www.youtube.com/user/MagnificentMarty

Thel 'Vadam wrote:
1st LT Knadan wrote:So I guess if we have four squads of two fireteams, that could make up a platoon...
Then let the clan battles begin! Very Happy I would figure one of the warzones of the game could be "Grifball", and you would basically grab the bomb in the middle of the map and try to carry it to the opposing side while your team defends you. You can also make a pass and do it badly to where an enemy catches it, or make a good pass to where an ally catches it. I would also imagine the announcer at the beginning of the game saying: "Neutral ball! Let's go berserk!"

So you're basically describing Neutral Bomb? Razz

SirMarty

SirMarty
LH Justin wrote:
Thel 'Vadam wrote:

So you're basically describing Neutral Bomb? Razz
Not exactly. There's a game in Star Wars: The Old Republic called "Huttball", and that's really it. As for Neutral Bomb, besides the teeny bit of things that kinda relates to it, I would imagine players having abilities or something that would still make it different towards Halo's Neutral Bomb.

SirMarty

SirMarty
A platoon could basically add up to a whole game since that's what the company is aiming for. Not hundreds of players in a single server or two, but bigger multiplayer battles that would add up to a little bit more than a platoon.

I just wish this dev team would gain Halo-wide recognition for Microsoft to publish the game, and for 343i to want to collaborate and develop the game with them.

Wiltz

Wiltz
I've thought of an idea. In MMOs people don't really have guilds forced on them, but I think guilds need to be forced on people, as it makes the game more regimented and easier to do. Essentially when you are on the starting planet, you stay there and train till perhaps Private. Once you reach pilot a waypoint will appear telling you to go to the nearest port for lift off. When you go there you will be given a choice where you must join a guild. There is no choice to leave, you have to join one or stay stuck on the planet helping new players. The guild choices though must be available to you like if you were a Jackal and you signed up for an Elite guild it would not allow it.

You can leave a guild at any time as long as you join up with another one, maybe you just don't like the way it's run and you leave.

When you get to a certain rank such as Colonel, you have the ability to set up your own guild but it will not be registered as a guild till you get at least 16 people in it. To get people to join you must recruit fellow friends who support you and maybe some random person who impressed you while fighting. After it reaches 16 people it will appear on the list and you can now recruit people much easier without advertisement. When you run a guild you can decide everything the people do and you set them missions. If they don't do the mission, then they don't excel, simple as that.

Kusa 'Aezotee

Kusa 'Aezotee
Wiltz wrote:I've thought of an idea. In MMOs people don't really have guilds forced on them, but I think guilds need to be forced on people, as it makes the game more regimented and easier to do. Essentially when you are on the starting planet, you stay there and train till perhaps Private. Once you reach pilot a waypoint will appear telling you to go to the nearest port for lift off. When you go there you will be given a choice where you must join a guild. There is no choice to leave, you have to join one or stay stuck on the planet helping new players. The guild choices though must be available to you like if you were a Jackal and you signed up for an Elite guild it would not allow it.

You can leave a guild at any time as long as you join up with another one, maybe you just don't like the way it's run and you leave.

When you get to a certain rank such as Colonel, you have the ability to set up your own guild but it will not be registered as a guild till you get at least 16 people in it. To get people to join you must recruit fellow friends who support you and maybe some random person who impressed you while fighting. After it reaches 16 people it will appear on the list and you can now recruit people much easier without advertisement. When you run a guild you can decide everything the people do and you set them missions. If they don't do the mission, then they don't excel, simple as that.
But if people are forced to join a guild, and some might just want go play solo, then they would be useless to the guild. Which might make the guild's leader a bit unhappy having people that won't follow orders.

Wiltz

Wiltz
The thing is the way you rank up is by helping your faction and so that means its a team game and isn't for lone wolves.

Legal

Legal
I doubt we will have bases or headquarters. Although that would be pretty awesome.
And decorating our houses? Imagine a Brute just doin' some spring cleaning haha!

Jony

Jony
I remember this thread from BVG forums & before it was here i wondered, how will Thel react, when he lost all his work.

I am the last Precursor."

Brigadier Smyile117

Brigadier Smyile117
this is cool, but i have to say i think alot of this is more in the MMORPG typeof game and not anMMOFPS, and im not sure how possible exploring and stuff will be, due to the fact only 64 people in a game means small, high paced maps., also with houses and HQ's, this would have to be done in a seperate 'zone', not related to the maps, i cant pictue having people sitting down in a HQ on a MMOFPS, the base would just be attacked and people woul be invade an people wold rage, its cool, but i think alot of there points were intended for an MMORPG,particulary the bit about fighting bosses.

SirMarty

SirMarty
Brigadier Smyile117 wrote:this is cool, but i have to say i think alot of this is more in the MMORPG typeof game and not anMMOFPS, and im not sure how possible exploring and stuff will be, due to the fact only 64 people in a game means small, high paced maps., also with houses and HQ's, this would have to be done in a seperate 'zone', not related to the maps, i cant pictue having people sitting down in a HQ on a MMOFPS, the base would just be attacked and people woul be invade an people wold rage, its cool, but i think alot of there points were intended for an MMORPG,particulary the bit about fighting bosses.
This could be slightly altered to fit an MMOFPS, but seeing as this game won't have the 'MMO' concept a lot of us thought, I'd figure by now a lot of these mechanics wouldn't work for this game.

If this game got some luck and was published by Microsoft and developed by 343i and Sovereign Game Studios, I'd be a rich [REDACTED] for making this thread. Although I'd see the developers getting way more money than I would. I would basically be the "Think Tank" part of the game's development team. Razz

SirMarty

SirMarty
Triobiitti wrote:I remember this thread from BVG forums & before it was here i wondered, how will Thel react, when he lost all his work.

I am the last Precursor."
Good thing LH Justin was here to save the day.

He is now an honorable member of the Covenant Empire for his duty in saving and protecting what had almost been lost forever.

^I kinda sound like a godlike preacher there. Lol

1st LT Knadan

1st LT Knadan
If possible, I think it would be good if they can make thermal vision an option for the UNSC, that way we have a way to counter Active Camo.

Brigadier Smyile117

Brigadier Smyile117
1st LT Knadan wrote:If possible, I think it would be good if they can make thermal vision an option for the UNSC, that way we have a way to counter Active Camo.
Good idea particulary for the ODST's

Mad Mike

Mad Mike
Brigadier Smyile117 wrote:
1st LT Knadan wrote:If possible, I think it would be good if they can make thermal vision an option for the UNSC, that way we have a way to counter Active Camo.
Good idea particulary for the ODST's

They have the VISR. I think that was a good enough counter to camo since it wasn't completely OP like thermal vison might be.

UltimateCovie97

UltimateCovie97
maybe there should be some type of mode in which everyone joins the game, and they move from there home planet to other battles all over the galaxy. Then when you get to a battle, you would start to play. A battle could also start when two fleets move near each other and a space battle would start. After the battle whoever won takes the planet and the fight continues. If it was a space battle the losing fleet is destroyed and must rebuild. Eventually, when one team captures the entire galaxy, the session ends and another begins.

If you have ever played star wars battlefront 2 you will know what I'm talking about.
This might sound impossible for a matchmaking type game, but the battles could still be 64 people.
Just for some support of my idea, i don't think that battlefront was an MMO, i could be wrong though

Kusa 'Aezotee

Kusa 'Aezotee
Wiltz wrote:The thing is the way you rank up is by helping your faction and so that means its a team game and isn't for lone wolves.
People would probably just join some team thing and wander off to kill somebody, then not come back lol. Even if they aren't leveling up that fast. There are quite a bit of people that don't really understand this thing called "Teamwork". Xbox Live is proof enough.

Jony

Jony
Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:
Wiltz wrote:The thing is the way you rank up is by helping your faction and so that means its a team game and isn't for lone wolves.
People would probably just join some team thing and wander off to kill somebody, then not come back lol. Even if they aren't leveling up that fast. There are quite a bit of people that don't really understand this thing called "Teamwork". Xbox Live is proof enough.

I know.

UltimateCovie97

UltimateCovie97
Jony wrote:
Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:

I know.

ain't that the truth!! i really hope that everybody who gets this game will be smart enough to use team tactics

PandorasBox12

PandorasBox12
UltimateCovie97 wrote:
Jony wrote:
Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:

I know.

ain't that the truth!! i really hope that everybody who gets this game will be smart enough to use team tactics

I feel like working as teams will be required in this game as the classes all have weak points that need to be covered by the different classes

For example: Jackels are very weak but are quick and nimble so they need a heavier unit (Elite) to take hits for them while they move into/out of a fight.

SirMarty

SirMarty
Personally, I wouldn't like to be forced to work with another team. I, as an avid Halo player, would like to feel independent at times and feel like I can take on three enemies without dying. What Kuza said is the truth—there might be people playing this game who just don't grasp the concept of 'teamwork'.

camycamera

camycamera
ok, what i said for halo GoC:

-some sorta duel-wield (if possible)
-destructible environments
-ranks and unlocks
-customisable armour
-space battles
-vehicles
-LOTS of weapons from the halo universe
- squads/some sort of team play

ps. wow, i congratulate you, Thel for writing that very long.... essay. if i were a teacher, i would give you a A+ straight away, even if i didn't read it at all XD

Trigger

Trigger
Dev Team
You guys have some great Ideas! Lets keep em rolling; you don't know how much they help us ^^

Lt. Vagos

Lt. Vagos
LH Justin wrote:
1st LT Knadan wrote:Dang, you have put a crazy lot of thought into this. However, as cool as this is, I'll be very surprised if most of this stuff is actually added. Why? Because this sort of project would take alot more time and money than a community studio like Sovereign can probably put into it. If Sovereign gets hired by 343industries and Microsoft, it might be doable. But, I'm really skeptical something like this can be pulled off with Sovereign's current resources. Still would be awesome if they can pull it off, but I'm not getting my hopes up this early on.
While some of these things are far out there, others are not.

The only thing I can say is, don't underestimate us. Wink

There's only thing i can say... you must co-operate with 343 to make this game happen... you really have to start communicating with microsoft , i am sure they will support you because there will be a huge income for them -and for you too ;P- (this game should be f2p ,free to play, but p2w , pay to win ... got it? ) Laughing

Jony

Jony
Lt. Vagos wrote:
LH Justin wrote:
1st LT Knadan wrote:Dang, you have put a crazy lot of thought into this. However, as cool as this is, I'll be very surprised if most of this stuff is actually added. Why? Because this sort of project would take alot more time and money than a community studio like Sovereign can probably put into it. If Sovereign gets hired by 343industries and Microsoft, it might be doable. But, I'm really skeptical something like this can be pulled off with Sovereign's current resources. Still would be awesome if they can pull it off, but I'm not getting my hopes up this early on.
While some of these things are far out there, others are not.

The only thing I can say is, don't underestimate us. Wink

There's only thing i can say... you must co-operate with 343 to make this game happen... you really have to start communicating with microsoft , i am sure they will support you because there will be a huge income for them -and for you too ;P- (this game should be f2p ,free to play, but p2w , pay to win ... got it? ) Laughing

This game is done without Microsoft & 343i. It's F2P. They'll use old models etc from Halo: GoC.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Copyright © 2012 Sovereign Game Studios All Rights Reserved.