Sovereign Game Studios' personal website. Providing you with up to date information regarding our video game title.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Atmosphere in the game Empty Atmosphere in the game Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:40 am

mini0013xx

mini0013xx
What I would like to see in a game, that I saw greatly in every Halo game (except Halo wars and Halo 3) was that atmospheric touch that got you more into the game and made the game enviornment more believable.

IE: In Halo CE, with the first flood mission. If you actually paid attention rather than just running through it, you would realize that there were a few things that were wrong with the game. For example, there is mayhem going on where you are not. There are fights breaking out all over the place, but you cannot find the source of the shots. Also, there are no high ranking enemies, like hunters or elites, anywhere on the mission. This gives a big clue that something has gone wrong. And then the fog which just made the enviornment that much scarier.

(Not many people will like this one, but) Another aspect of an atmospheric feel is the way things happen. Call of Duty has done this quite a few times, and so has Halo. (In Reach, there were first person cutscenes when things had gone wrong and you were thrown out of your falcon [tip of the spear] or when you were knocked over by an elite and almost stabbed [Winter Contigency] As for call of duty, the beach scenes in Call of Duty 1, Finest Hour, 2, and World at War are great examples of what atmospheric mayhem is like. Especially in Finest Hour, where you would be more motivated to run up to the machine guns and die rather than take cover to live. [Finest hour link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv2ONRJ9tMQ]) These are all great examples of atmospheric things. I really do recommend clicking on that link. While I do not want something like that, what I do want is something with a similar atmospheric feeling, depending on what the game is about. For example, if you are an ODST, give it that feel. Make it feel like you are losing, or that you have to do this or the operation or whatever will fail! Just think of everything you can do before you do it. There are plenty of things you can do!

Well, that's all I've got. What do you think of an epic atmospheric approach to the game rather than an action styled approach?

2Atmosphere in the game Empty Re: Atmosphere in the game Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:29 am

Jony

Jony
mini0013xx wrote:What I would like to see in a game, that I saw greatly in every Halo game (except Halo wars and Halo 3) was that atmospheric touch that got you more into the game and made the game enviornment more believable.

IE: In Halo CE, with the first flood mission. If you actually paid attention rather than just running through it, you would realize that there were a few things that were wrong with the game. For example, there is mayhem going on where you are not. There are fights breaking out all over the place, but you cannot find the source of the shots. Also, there are no high ranking enemies, like hunters or elites, anywhere on the mission. This gives a big clue that something has gone wrong. And then the fog which just made the enviornment that much scarier.

(Not many people will like this one, but) Another aspect of an atmospheric feel is the way things happen. Call of Duty has done this quite a few times, and so has Halo. (In Reach, there were first person cutscenes when things had gone wrong and you were thrown out of your falcon [tip of the spear] or when you were knocked over by an elite and almost stabbed [Winter Contigency] As for call of duty, the beach scenes in Call of Duty 1, Finest Hour, 2, and World at War are great examples of what atmospheric mayhem is like. Especially in Finest Hour, where you would be more motivated to run up to the machine guns and die rather than take cover to live. [Finest hour link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv2ONRJ9tMQ]) These are all great examples of atmospheric things. I really do recommend clicking on that link. While I do not want something like that, what I do want is something with a similar atmospheric feeling, depending on what the game is about. For example, if you are an ODST, give it that feel. Make it feel like you are losing, or that you have to do this or the operation or whatever will fail! Just think of everything you can do before you do it. There are plenty of things you can do!

Well, that's all I've got. What do you think of an epic atmospheric approach to the game rather than an action styled approach?

mmmmmh... Let's give a try.

3Atmosphere in the game Empty Re: Atmosphere in the game Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:34 pm

Kusa 'Aezotee

Kusa 'Aezotee
Jony wrote:
mini0013xx wrote:What I would like to see in a game, that I saw greatly in every Halo game (except Halo wars and Halo 3) was that atmospheric touch that got you more into the game and made the game enviornment more believable.

mmmmmh... Let's give a try.
Or hope the dev-team gives it a try. I really do hope the game has some epic moments. lol

4Atmosphere in the game Empty Re: Atmosphere in the game Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:08 pm

CWO4 Anthony321123

CWO4 Anthony321123
I think the game should have a mix of epicness and desperation. I feel like thats a theme that some halo games fail to capture.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Copyright © 2012 Sovereign Game Studios All Rights Reserved.