Sovereign Game Studios' personal website. Providing you with up to date information regarding our video game title.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 13]

26Halo 4 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Halo 4 Discussion Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:21 am

Jony

Jony
LH Justin wrote:Jony, I know it's hard to swallow, but they are outright copying CoD.

1.) Armor Abilities are the equivalent to perks.

2.) You can change both your primary and secondary weapons in Halo now, which CoD did first.

3.) You can also choose your grenade type now, which CoD did first.

4.) You can add weapon attachments now, which CoD did first.

5.) You press X to respawn in both games now, which CoD did first.

6.) You can join games in progress now, which CoD did first.

7.) CoD has Spec Ops, now Halo has Spartan Ops.

8.) CoD has CoD Points, now Halo has Spartan Points.

9.) You gain ranks and Spartan Points by winning or losing, just like CoD.

10.) You use Spartan Points to upgrade your cosmetics or weapons/perks, just like CoD.

11.) Sprint is now a standard ability, just like CoD.

12.) You can switch classes any time in a match when you die, just like CoD.

13.) I mean, come on, even Infinity Play sounds like Infinity Ward.

Yes, I realize some of these features are from "real life" or other games, but they were popularized by Call of Duty and it's quite obvious that they're trying to make Halo 4 more like CoD to sell more copies. It's quite a dumb strategy in my opinion however because adding CoD features to a Halo game isn't going to make CoD players want to buy it. The same way adding Halo features to CoD wouldn't make Halo players buy CoD.

Didn't know some of those things...

1.) Armor Abilities are the equivalent to perks. No. There are only few and you get them without doing everything. Every player have these. In CoD you need to play to earn those. And you can upgrade perks.

2.) You can change both your primary and secondary weapons in Halo now, which CoD did first. Many FPS games had this before MW1

3.) You can also choose your grenade type now, which CoD did first. Halo 2 had this.

Wow... DMR with noobtube?

6.) You can join games in progress now, which CoD did first. Many games had this before MW1. And this is only good thing.

What is Infity Play. And is this all even confirmed by 343i? Oh and Spartans points are same thing what credits are. I guess.

Last edited by Jony on Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:29 am; edited 1 time in total

27Halo 4 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Halo 4 Discussion Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:22 am

Jony

Jony
GySgt Anthony321123 wrote:
Noble wrote:
LH Justin wrote:Jony, I know it's hard to swallow, but they are outright copying CoD.

2.) You can change both your primary and secondary weapons in Halo now, which CoD did first.

10.) You use Spartan Points to upgrade your cosmetics or weapons/perks, just like CoD.

Yes, I realize some of these features are from "real life" or other games, but they were popularized by Call of Duty and it's quite obvious that they're trying to make Halo 4 more like CoD to sell more copies. It's quite a dumb strategy in my opinion however because adding CoD features to a Halo game isn't going to make CoD players want to buy it. The same way adding Halo features to CoD wouldn't make Halo players buy CoD.

I agree. If 343i is going to continue Halo they need to do so in a unique and creative way, especially with the naming of their features. Some of those features however, such as sprinting, I'm fine with.
All of the testers they have used said the gameplay still feals like halo. And who cares if there making changes outside of the gameplay? Spartan points are the same as credits, which halo alredy has; and Infinity ward and infinity play? Are you really going that far? And who cares if you join in mid game, it's good for matchmaking. If you really want to go that far, if your really that parinoid, than lets go even farther.

You can jump, like in cod.

You can shoot guns, like cod.

You can kill people, like cod.

You can move, like cod.

You play with with others, like cod.

It's a video game, like cod.

If thats all you see, If thats the only thing you can compair it to, than thats just sad. You guys that worked at BVG where evan going to have like 30% of whats on that big list you guys made. I'm dissapointed with all of you.

I agree with you.

28Halo 4 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Halo 4 Discussion Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:32 pm

BloodBrothers

BloodBrothers
Dev Team
I made these posts awhile ago on 343i forums:

Post #1
I don't see why everyone is complaining about the "leaked" information about Halo 4 and the direction that 343i is taking the Halo Universe. The Halo games have slowly been losing its fan-base to other games like Call of Duty, due to the fast paced game-play, and gun customization. 343i is now trying to spread Halo past its dedicated fan-base to a broader audience. The fact they are tie together multiplayer and campaign is very interesting along side the Spartan Ops. The idea of releasing game content every week for a while is no doubt going to bring people back to the game.

I love the idea of loadouts, it seems like a winning formula. It will change gameplay from camping the power weapons to actually attempting to play the game. It adds a whole new level of customization and allows the player to feel at home. It is a good idea and is alright to have in Halo like having Sprint as a default ability. It has been in other competing games; yet that doesn't mean it shouldn't be in Halo. Custom loadout are a plus, not only will it feel more persnal, but will expand on the idea that Halo is a sandbox. Halo needs to be refreshed in my opinion and that is what 343i is doing with Halo 4. Custom Loadouts are a great addition due to the fact that you can make the game yours.

No respawn times will bring you right into the action instead of waiting for the time to tick down or bashing down a certain button. Joining games hasn't just been in Call of Duty, and it is about time that Halo finally realized that people are sick of waiting for their friends games to end just so they can get in a match with them.

People tend to think that the game should be like Halo 2 or 3 and think if they don't make it to that formula it won't be good, change isn't always bad.

Post #2
Every game has been a copy of the last one no matter the series. Every video-game has to have innovations in order to prevail and get another sequel or game or whatever. GoW had horde mode which came before Halo's Firefight so does that mean that Halo is now GoW? Wait there are plenty of games that have a endless wave game type. Loadouts? Well there are plenty of games before CoD that had them, the only reason you are saying this is because CoD and Halo are rivals (or use to be) and everything has to be so different.

What I am trying to say is nothing in the Game Industry is really innovative anymore. Everything is just a repeat with a new twist to it, and better graphics typically. 343i is a AAA Game Studios with tons of combined years of experience and will NOT mess up the series because they know what they are doing.

Wait to play the game to see, because no one knows except them. Also Bungie left Halo because they wanted to make their own new IP, they couldn't see the themselves making Halo for the rest of their life and their contract was just about to expire.

https://sovereigngamestudios.forumotion.com/

29Halo 4 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Halo 4 Discussion Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:39 pm

CWO4 Anthony321123

CWO4 Anthony321123
I agree completely.

30Halo 4 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Halo 4 Discussion Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:08 pm

Jony

Jony
GySgt Anthony321123 wrote:I agree completely.

You agree with who? lol, many people posted their opinions. But i guess you mean BloodBrothers.

31Halo 4 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Halo 4 Discussion Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:48 pm

Kusa 'Aezotee

Kusa 'Aezotee
To be honest, I would prefer no join in progress, having a 2v4 because half your team quit, could actually be quite fun.

32Halo 4 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Halo 4 Discussion Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:56 pm

Mad Mike

Mad Mike

You are completely right!
Now I'm not saying they should make it the same as halo 3, they should have changes. But when ALL the changes are just completely copied from other games it's just sad... I mean name ONE feature they have anouneced that isn't COD....

Plus they should relise that most halo fans hated the halo reach/COD credidt system. Because it had NOTHING to do with your skill. It was just; if you have WAY to much free time you will be a general, and only then!
The halo 3 ranking system acctually required skill and you had to earn your rank by playing good, not by playing 24/7...

Yet they still went with the COD/reach system???

And i mean come on! They can atleast come up with less CODish names.... and come up with some thing new and creative insdead of just stealing things from other FPS games, like COD......

33Halo 4 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Halo 4 Discussion Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:25 pm

CWO4 Anthony321123

CWO4 Anthony321123
Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:To be honest, I would prefer no join in progress, having a 2v4 because half your team quit, could actually be quite fun.
It would also be very unfare. Have you ever played 1v4 before it is terrible.

34Halo 4 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Halo 4 Discussion Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:58 pm

Kusa 'Aezotee

Kusa 'Aezotee
Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:To be honest, I would prefer no join in progress, having a 2v4 because half your team quit, could actually be quite fun.
Ya, it can be a nightmare. I just like when you can actually beat them while outnumbered lol.

35Halo 4 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Halo 4 Discussion Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:56 pm

CWO4 Anthony321123

CWO4 Anthony321123
Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:
Ya, it can be a nightmare. I just like when you can actually beat them while outnumbered lol.
Always think of both sides when it comes to game meckanics. Balance is something you should always want in a game to make the gameplay fair and consistantly good.

36Halo 4 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Halo 4 Discussion Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:04 pm

Wiltz

Wiltz

I just wanted to be the one defending 343 cos they deserve it.

1. There are so many perks in CoD, and only 5 so far in Halo 4. The main criticism to perks are that there are so many you can never get a fair fight.

2. CoD had you change weapons to things such as shotguns and snipers which are clearly overpowered. Halo has you choosing DMR, BR, AR, and some other weapons that aren't revealed. None of these are power weapons, and so will make fights fair.

3. Halo CE had you change your grenade type, plasma grenade and frag grenade.

4. Give me the link to that cos I have not heard any confirmation on that.

5. X to respawn will only be featured in some gametypes such as regicide which benefit towards instant respawn for a FAIRER game.

6. Loads of games have this feature, this is a good thing though, don't tell me you've not be annoyed when a teammate quit making the teams unfair.

7. Completely different, spec ops is a set of missions which have a vague storyline, Spartan Ops is an episodic co op experience that plays like a mini campaign. Nothing alike.

8. Reach had credits and they are ezactly the same as Spartan Points, just because they both have the word "points" in doesn't mean they're copying it.

9. Since when haven't you done that in Halo 2 and 3.

10. Just about every other game has it that features a progression system. Which Halo 4 also has.

11. Many games also do this, it's almost a necessity towards game developers now.

12. Look at point 10.

13. Again just because the word "Infinity" is in there doesn't mean they are copying the developer. So that means the MMO called Infinity is copying Infinity Ward.

37Halo 4 Discussion - Page 2 Empty lol Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:16 pm

Lones

It's just like Modern Warfare 3, nobody actually likes it over the previous games, but they're gonna buy it because it has the largest player base out of the previous games.
Edit: Let me rephrase that.. It's just like the situation with people leaving the older games for the new games because their friends buy it, so they play it. In turn making more fans buy it because they want people to play against.

38Halo 4 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Halo 4 Discussion Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:32 am

Kusa 'Aezotee

Kusa 'Aezotee
Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:
Always think of both sides when it comes to game meckanics. Balance is something you should always want in a game to make the gameplay fair and consistantly good.
And I hate joining a game in progress, and seeing that the enemy team only needs a couple more points to win. Or better, joining and instantly seeing "Defeat" on the screen.

39Halo 4 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Halo 4 Discussion Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:32 am

Jony

Jony
Mad Mike wrote:

Now I'm not saying they should make it the same as halo 3, they should have changes. But when ALL the changes are just completely copied from other games it's just sad... I mean name ONE feature they have anouneced that isn't COD....

Plus they should relise that most halo fans hated the halo reach/COD credidt system. Because it had NOTHING to do with your skill. It was just; if you have WAY to much free time you will be a general, and only then!
The halo 3 ranking system acctually required skill and you had to earn your rank by playing good, not by playing 24/7...

And i mean come on! They can atleast come up with less CODish names.... and come up with some thing new and creative insdead of just stealing things from other FPS games, like COD......

They don't steal things from other FPS games. CoDs are copy of BF2, BF2 is copy of Halo 2, Halo 2 is copy of Quake, Quake is copy of Wolfenstein 3d, Wolfenstein 3d is copy of real life. So if you have that logic, every game copies each other. Tell me how they should add new things? Someone would still find out some random game and say It's copied from it.

40Halo 4 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Halo 4 Discussion Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:30 am

Kusa 'Aezotee

Kusa 'Aezotee
Jony wrote:
Mad Mike wrote:

They don't steal things from other FPS games. CoDs are copy of BF2, BF2 is copy of Halo 2, Halo 2 is copy of Quake, Quake is copy of Wolfenstein 3d, Wolfenstein 3d is copy of real life. So if you have that logic, every game copies each other. Tell me how they should add new things? Someone would still find out some random game and say It's copied from it.
I don't see how BF2 is a copy of Halo 2. Seems like The first Halo would be closer to a "copy" of Quake. Wolfenstein being a copy of real life isn't a bad thing, that was the point, like CoD.

41Halo 4 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Halo 4 Discussion Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:56 am

Jony

Jony
Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:
Jony wrote:
Mad Mike wrote:

I don't see how BF2 is a copy of Halo 2. Seems like The first Halo would be closer to a "copy" of Quake. Wolfenstein being a copy of real life isn't a bad thing, that was the point, like CoD.

That's my point. I don't see how Halo 4 is copy of CoD. But since everyone says It's copy, because it have few similar things to CoD. "BF2 have guns, just like Halo 2 have" Same thing.

42Halo 4 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Halo 4 Discussion Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:49 am

Kusa 'Aezotee

Kusa 'Aezotee
Jony wrote:
Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:
Jony wrote:
Mad Mike wrote:

That's my point. I don't see how Halo 4 is copy of CoD. But since everyone says It's copy, because it have few similar things to CoD. "BF2 have guns, just like Halo 2 have" Same thing.
Basic stuff like "shooting guns" and "dieing" aren't stuff that anybody considers copying. It's the stuff that CoD came up with, or made popular, that people consider copying.

43Halo 4 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Halo 4 Discussion Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:13 pm

Jony

Jony
Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:
Jony wrote:
Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:
Jony wrote:
Mad Mike wrote:

Basic stuff like "shooting guns" and "dieing" aren't stuff that anybody considers copying. It's the stuff that CoD came up with, or made popular, that people consider copying.

Only thing what CoD come up with, was killstreaks. (And maybe perks) Everything else they 'copied' from other games. They just changed names for those things.

44Halo 4 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Halo 4 Discussion Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:11 pm

CWO4 Anthony321123

CWO4 Anthony321123
Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:
Jony wrote:
Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:
Jony wrote:
Mad Mike wrote:

The key word here is "made popular". That means it's not a cod thing becouse it isn't origanoly from cod. Evan assassins cead had sprint, does that mean there copying cod?

45Halo 4 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Halo 4 Discussion Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:15 pm

CWO4 Anthony321123

CWO4 Anthony321123
Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:
Jony wrote:
Mad Mike wrote:

If that was the point of cod, then that must have been the biggest failure in history.

46Halo 4 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Halo 4 Discussion Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:45 pm

Kusa 'Aezotee

Kusa 'Aezotee
GySgt Anthony321123 wrote:If that was the point of cod, then that must have been the biggest failure in history.
Well, believe it or not, that is what they were(at least originally) going for.

Last edited by Kusa 'Aezotee on Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixing quotes)

47Halo 4 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Halo 4 Discussion Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:52 pm

CWO4 Anthony321123

CWO4 Anthony321123
Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:
Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:
Jony wrote:
Mad Mike wrote:

If that was the point of cod, then that must have been the biggest failure in history.
Well, believe it or not, that is what they were(at least originally) going for.
I played cod 2; it was realisticly hard, but not realistic.

48Halo 4 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Halo 4 Discussion Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:37 pm

Kusa 'Aezotee

Kusa 'Aezotee
GySgt Anthony321123 wrote:I played cod 2; it was realisticly hard, but not realistic.
Well they wanted it to be realistic. lol

Last edited by Kusa 'Aezotee on Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total

49Halo 4 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Halo 4 Discussion Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:14 am

BloodBrothers

BloodBrothers
Dev Team
Lets stop quoting that much at a single time.

https://sovereigngamestudios.forumotion.com/

50Halo 4 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Halo 4 Discussion Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:06 am

Jony

Jony
Call of Duty 2 is best CoD ever.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Copyright © 2012 Sovereign Game Studios All Rights Reserved.