Sovereign Game Studios' personal website. Providing you with up to date information regarding our video game title.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Halo 4 News April 10, 2012 Empty Halo 4 News April 10, 2012 Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:01 pm

theastromechdroid

theastromechdroid
UPDATE:First off, KEEP IT CLEAN.

Secondly, I was pointing out the similarities between Halo and COD that wasn't their before, not stating that Halo is becoming like COD, just blending in with it.

Lastly, I said I'm probably not getting this game [which might be awesome by the way] because it's BLENDING in with the other games, not because it's becoming like the other games.

I AM hopeful for Halo 4. I just wanted to point out the new things in Halo 4 so the community would know about these changes and state their OWN opinions.

Hey guys, I just read something on the official xbox magazine and they released "11 things you to know" [about Halo 4].

1. Halo 4 runs on an advanced [way advanced] version of the Halo Reach engine. It's equipped with a new lighter and shader engine, supports true HD 720p, and Fast Approximate Anti-Aliasing. [not sure what it is though]

2. The Covenant are back and Master Chief awakens from cryosleep to find the human-Covenant ceasefire apparently broken, with the wrecked Forward Unto Dawn under siege by Elites, Jackals and Grunts.

3. You'll get to kill ancient races that were thought to be destroyed when the forerunners fired the rings.

4. Cinematic scenes will be more controllable.

5."Planet-sized caves are the new Halos"

6. You have to save Cortana from herself when Cortana possibly descents into Rampancy - the volatile penultimate stage of an AI's life cycle.

7. No firefight

8. Multiplayer now takes place on a [super advanced] ship called the infinity and the maps are generated on the "holodeck"

9. Spartan-ops could be the DLC for Halo. Spartan-ops are missions that make a seperate campaign. Sort of like Battlefield 3 CO-OP missions but it's distributed like COD Elite Mission.

10. Unlocks system is like COD. It also uses spartan points instead of CR.

11. Weapons now spawn randomly throughout the map so knowledge of the weapons won't do anything. Sprinting is now default.

I personally think that 343i is making Halo 4 to much like COD or Battlefield for several reasons:
-Cinematic scenes are now controllable, just like COD.
-Spartan Ops DLC is like Call of Duty Elite
-Unlocks system is like COD
-Spartan-ops is like Battlefield 3 CO-OP

I've bought all the games [Preorder, Limited, and Legendary editions] and finished all the games on Legendary but I think this will be the first HALO game that I get the standard edition of because it's not so unique anymore. It's blending in with COD and BF3.

Link to the website for WAY more information on each of them:
http://www.oxm.co.uk/40516/features/halo-4-11-things-you-need-to-know/

What do you guys think? Comment below and KEEP IT CLEAN.

Non facile est, sed difficile est.
"Not because it is easy, but because it is hard."

Last edited by theastromechdroid on Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : WE ALL HAVE OUR OWN OPINIONS)

2Halo 4 News April 10, 2012 Empty Re: Halo 4 News April 10, 2012 Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:17 pm

G Sgt John Burns

to be honest im looking forward to seeing how it turns out because for all we know it could end up being a whole lot better than the cod/halo multiplayer that we play now, and from the sounds of it it seems to be combining the best features from those games in my opinion which should make it incredible

3Halo 4 News April 10, 2012 Empty Re: Halo 4 News April 10, 2012 Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:20 pm

CWO4 Anthony321123

CWO4 Anthony321123
As long as gameplay is still good, I don't care. I think people just can't handle change. When they say they are doing something new, I think "cool", or "interesting", and I keep thinking hopefull thoughts. Others when they say change they hear "COD".
So maby we should look back at the differances.

Halo has a camera style weapon zoom wal COD has iron sights (just like every other fps).

Halo has shield and heavy armor to keep you alive longer; COD does not.

Halo has had sprint before so stop freaking out, just saying.

Halo has super tall wall clearing jumps, COD does not.

Cod sucks, Halo does not.

I hope I made my point.

4Halo 4 News April 10, 2012 Empty Re: Halo 4 News April 10, 2012 Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:21 pm

ghost59

ghost59
GySgt Anthony321123 wrote:As long as gameplay is still good, I don't care. I think people just can't handle change. When they say they are doing something new, I think "cool", or "interesting", and I keep thinking hopefull thoughts. Others when they say change they hear "COD".

Halo has a camera style weapon zoom wal COD has iron sights (just like every other fps).

I hope I made my point.
you poem spoke me me Crying or Very sad so amazing

5Halo 4 News April 10, 2012 Empty Re: Halo 4 News April 10, 2012 Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:24 pm

CWO4 Anthony321123

CWO4 Anthony321123
ghost59 wrote:
GySgt Anthony321123 wrote:As long as gameplay is still good, I don't care. I think people just can't handle change. When they say they are doing something new, I think "cool", or "interesting", and I keep thinking hopefull thoughts. Others when they say change they hear "COD".

I hope I made my point.
Thank you. Smile

6Halo 4 News April 10, 2012 Empty Re: Halo 4 News April 10, 2012 Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:25 pm

ghost59

ghost59
GySgt Anthony321123 wrote:
ghost59 wrote:

I hope I made my point.
Thank you. Smile
no problem my brother

7Halo 4 News April 10, 2012 Empty Re: Halo 4 News April 10, 2012 Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:34 pm

theastromechdroid

theastromechdroid

I hope I made my point.

First off, KEEP IT CLEAN. [As weird as it may seem, "sucks" isn't a very pleasant word to me]

Secondly, I was pointing out the similarities between Halo and COD that wasn't their before. I wasn't "freaking out" about the sprint, I was merely stating the fact that Sprint is now a default ability. In Halo Reach, you had the option to choose whether you wanted it or not, unless playing Snipers Pro or something like that.

Lastly, I said I'm probably not getting this game [which might be awesome by the way] because it's BLENDING in with the other games, not because it's becoming like the other games.

BTW thanks for telling me the differences between COD and HALO [not sarcastic] and yes I AM hopeful for Halo 4. I just wanted to point out the new things in Halo 4 so the community would know about these changes and state their OWN opinions.

8Halo 4 News April 10, 2012 Empty Re: Halo 4 News April 10, 2012 Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:46 pm

CWO4 Anthony321123

CWO4 Anthony321123
theastromechdroid wrote:

I hope I made my point.

First off, KEEP IT CLEAN. [As weird as it may seem, "sucks" isn't a very pleasant word to me]

Secondly, I was pointing out the similarities between Halo and COD that wasn't their before. I wasn't "freaking out" about the sprint, I was merely stating the fact that Sprint is now a default ability. In Halo Reach, you had the option to choose whether you wanted it or not, unless playing Snipers Pro or something like that.

BTW thanks for telling me the differences between COD and HALO [not sarcastic] and yes I AM hopeful for Halo 4. I just wanted to point out the new things in Halo 4 so the community would know about these changes and state their OWN opinions.
I'm sorry but Iwas not talking to or about you I was talking to an about the community. This is how alot of halo fans act and I don't like it. I'm just saying a game needs room to breath and stretch. If it doesn't, it will die and the community will suffer more than they would if they exept its a new and differant game, not the same one they baught two years ago, five years ago, eight years ago, or elevan years ago. Things change, and the community needs to know that.

9Halo 4 News April 10, 2012 Empty Re: Halo 4 News April 10, 2012 Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:49 pm

DIS7RICT

DIS7RICT
Can't wait...

10Halo 4 News April 10, 2012 Empty Re: Halo 4 News April 10, 2012 Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:56 pm

1st LT Knadan

1st LT Knadan

I hope I made my point.
I agree on all points.
After reading through the game informer article, I will admit I'm a little worried about how much things are being changed, but I'll reserve judgement until I've seen more.

11Halo 4 News April 10, 2012 Empty Re: Halo 4 News April 10, 2012 Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:01 pm

theastromechdroid

theastromechdroid
GySgt Anthony321123 wrote:
theastromechdroid wrote:

I hope I made my point.

I'm sorry but Iwas not talking to or about you I was talking to an about the community. This is how alot of halo fans act and I don't like it. I'm just saying a game needs room to breath and stretch. If it doesn't, it will die and the community will suffer more than they would if they exept its a new and differant game, not the same one they baught two years ago, five years ago, eight years ago, or elevan years ago. Things change, and the community needs to know that.

Ok, I thought you misunderstood the message I was trying to say but I guess not. Otherwise, I agree with you.

12Halo 4 News April 10, 2012 Empty Re: Halo 4 News April 10, 2012 Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:08 pm

G Sgt John Burns

does anyone know if the arbiter is coming back

13Halo 4 News April 10, 2012 Empty Re: Halo 4 News April 10, 2012 Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:12 pm

camycamera

camycamera
it disappointed me that they are looking to blend in with CoD, because mostly i hate CoD to the core (it pretty much destroyed FPS gaming and turned people into zombies). but also i am disappointed that there is no duel wield coming, because that made halo unique. no elites (or spartans vs elites) in multiplayer disappointed me also, but a story and a separate co-op game mode for multiplayer is great to hear. i guess i'm just disappointed that they didn't follow the halo 3 way, with all of it's originality and such, and instead (sort of) followed what people these days (sadly) wan't: CoD.

i'm defiantly not saying halo 4 is going to be bad, its just that i feel halo 4 will miss lots of opportunities to make me mark it as the best halo so far (halo 3 is still on top Very Happy), but what i've seen so far i guess will still make me love it as ONE of the best halos made. i hope they improve on the game in halo 5 and 6 such as adding duel wield (i see no reason not to add duel wield), adding firefight back (along with that other mode, of course).

in conclusion, halo 4 will be great, will not turn out like CoD, but has missed out lots of opportunities so far that would make it even better (they should of looked BACK at halo 3), if not the best halo made. i know i shouldn't judge something not released yet, and who knows, they could change stuff, but all in all, i can't wait for the return of the Chief Very Happy

Last edited by camycamera on Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

14Halo 4 News April 10, 2012 Empty Re: Halo 4 News April 10, 2012 Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:15 pm

1st LT Knadan

1st LT Knadan
G Sgt John Burns wrote:does anyone know if the arbiter is coming back
Ehh, I wouldn't get your hopes up, but we'll see.

15Halo 4 News April 10, 2012 Empty Re: Halo 4 News April 10, 2012 Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:29 pm

mini0013xx

mini0013xx
720p? No 1080p? Damnit 343, I knew they'd mess up somewhere. (I'm just kidding you guys)

16Halo 4 News April 10, 2012 Empty Re: Halo 4 News April 10, 2012 Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:30 pm

theastromechdroid

theastromechdroid
camycamera wrote:it disappointed me that they are looking to blend in with CoD, because mostly i hate CoD to the core (it pretty much destroyed FPS gaming and turned people into zombies). but also i am disappointed that there is no duel wield coming, because that made halo unique. no elites (or spartans vs elites) in multiplayer disappointed me also, but a story and a separate co-op game mode for multiplayer is great to hear. i guess i'm just disappointed that they didn't follow the halo 3 way, with all of it's originality and such, and instead (sort of) followed what people these days (sadly) wan't: CoD.

i'm defiantly not saying halo 4 is going to be bad, its just that i feel halo 4 will miss lots of opportunities to make me mark it as the best halo so far (halo 3 is still on top Very Happy), but what i've seen so far i guess will still make me love it as ONE of the best halos made. i hope they improve on the game in halo 5 and 6 such as adding duel wield (i see no reason not to add duel wield), adding firefight back (along with that other mode, of course).

in conclusion, halo 4 will be great, will not turn out like CoD, but has missed out lots of opportunities so far that would make it even better (they should of looked BACK at halo 3), if not the best halo made. i know i shouldn't judge something not released yet, and who knows, they could change stuff, but all in all, i can't wait for the return of the Chief Very Happy

Ditto!

17Halo 4 News April 10, 2012 Empty Re: Halo 4 News April 10, 2012 Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:34 pm

CWO4 Anthony321123

CWO4 Anthony321123
mini0013xx wrote:720p? No 1080p? Damnit 343, I knew they'd mess up somewhere. (I'm just kidding you guys)
I don't care about that either. My tv is from, like the 80's. I can barely read off it much less see the smaller detailes. Razz

18Halo 4 News April 10, 2012 Empty Re: Halo 4 News April 10, 2012 Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:51 pm

BloodBrothers

BloodBrothers
Dev Team
theastromechdroid wrote:UPDATE:First off, KEEP IT CLEAN.

Secondly, I was pointing out the similarities between Halo and COD that wasn't their before, not stating that Halo is becoming like COD, just blending in with it.

I AM hopeful for Halo 4. I just wanted to point out the new things in Halo 4 so the community would know about these changes and state their OWN opinions.

Hey guys, I just read something on the official xbox magazine and they released "11 things you to know" [about Halo 4].

1. Halo 4 runs on an advanced [way advanced] version of the Halo Reach engine. It's equipped with a new lighter and shader engine, supports true HD 720p, and Fast Approximate Anti-Aliasing. [not sure what it is though]

2. The Covenant are back and Master Chief awakens from cryosleep to find the human-Covenant ceasefire apparently broken, with the wrecked Forward Unto Dawn under siege by Elites, Jackals and Grunts.

3. You'll get to kill ancient races that were thought to be destroyed when the forerunners fired the rings.

6. You have to save Cortana from herself when Cortana possibly descents into Rampancy - the volatile penultimate stage of an AI's life cycle.

7. No firefight

8. Multiplayer now takes place on a [super advanced] ship called the infinity and the maps are generated on the "holodeck"

9. Spartan-ops could be the DLC for Halo. Spartan-ops are missions that make a seperate campaign. Sort of like Battlefield 3 CO-OP missions but it's distributed like COD Elite Mission.

11. Weapons now spawn randomly throughout the map so knowledge of the weapons won't do anything. Sprinting is now default.

I personally think that 343i is making Halo 4 to much like COD or Battlefield for several reasons:

I've bought all the games [Preorder, Limited, and Legendary editions] and finished all the games on Legendary but I think this will be the first HALO game that I get the standard edition of because it's not so unique anymore. It's blending in with COD and BF3.

I am going to address the bold points.

1. Anti-Aliasing is where meshes look like they have jagged edges but the anti part gets rid of them and since you say super most likely mean very effectively.

4. More controllable cinematics is used in almost all games, and halo has had it before.

7. If I recall correctly they said firefight will not have a dedicated mode, not so much as obsolete. (speculation)

9. Spartan Ops are going to be able to downloaded for free, they are just 'released' as in at a certain date you will be able to play them after buying them with Spartan Points I think.

10. Spartan Points are most likely going to be the equivalence of the Halo: Reach CRs which is pretty much just another name for it.

11. The weapons are spawning in a random spot in a designated area. I.E. You have a Rocket Launcher in the middle of the map and the rocket will spawn somewhere within 10 feet of the middle. Its random but not as what you are thinking.

https://sovereigngamestudios.forumotion.com/

19Halo 4 News April 10, 2012 Empty Re: Halo 4 News April 10, 2012 Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:26 am

G Sgt John Burns

camycamera wrote:it disappointed me that they are looking to blend in with CoD, because mostly i hate CoD to the core (it pretty much destroyed FPS gaming and turned people into zombies). but also i am disappointed that there is no duel wield coming, because that made halo unique. no elites (or spartans vs elites) in multiplayer disappointed me also, but a story and a separate co-op game mode for multiplayer is great to hear. i guess i'm just disappointed that they didn't follow the halo 3 way, with all of it's originality and such, and instead (sort of) followed what people these days (sadly) wan't: CoD.

are you sure there's no dual wielding?

20Halo 4 News April 10, 2012 Empty Re: Halo 4 News April 10, 2012 Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:36 pm

theastromechdroid

theastromechdroid
BloodBrothers wrote:
theastromechdroid wrote:UPDATE:First off, KEEP IT CLEAN.

7. No firefight

I am going to address the bold points.

1. Anti-Aliasing is where meshes look like they have jagged edges but the anti part gets rid of them and since you say super most likely mean very effectively.

4. More controllable cinematics is used in almost all games, and halo has had it before.

7. If I recall correctly they said firefight will not have a dedicated mode, not so much as obsolete. (speculation)

9. Spartan Ops are going to be able to downloaded for free, they are just 'released' as in at a certain date you will be able to play them after buying them with Spartan Points I think.

10. Spartan Points are most likely going to be the equivalence of the Halo: Reach CRs which is pretty much just another name for it.

11. The weapons are spawning in a random spot in a designated area. I.E. You have a Rocket Launcher in the middle of the map and the rocket will spawn somewhere within 10 feet of the middle. Its random but not as what you are thinking.

1.Thanks for clearing up the Anti-Aliasing thing, I really had no idea what it was. [not sarcastic]

4. Oh and what I meant by the controllable scenes was that they just didn't use it much on the other Halos such as when *SPOILER* Srgt. Johnson died but yeah, they started using it extensively on the Halos after Halo 3 such as Halo 3: ODST.

7, 9.I'm so relieved that firefight won't go away and maps won't be distributed in Spartan: OPS like COD Elite. I really want to see what firefight will be like in Halo 4. The A.I. for the human teammates in Halo: Anniversary were good [and cool] but I personally would like to see better interaction with the other A.I.s and other players.

10. And yes, Spartan Points is almost exactly like Reach CR.

BTW, thanks for clearing up the weapon spawns thing, at least remembering where the weapon spawns is going to be helpful.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks!

Last edited by theastromechdroid on Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:53 pm; edited 2 times in total

21Halo 4 News April 10, 2012 Empty Re: Halo 4 News April 10, 2012 Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:02 pm

Trigger

Trigger
Dev Team
Oh about the Covenant cease fire, that isn't so simple either. The elites and the grunts and jackals aren't regular to say the least. Remember you will be fighting rebel/ancient humans, so to say that millions of lightyears away from human space that the covie cease fire was broken is some large speculation.

In my own opinion after seeing the way they fight I can easily say that they are much tougher(that could just be gameplay) and they seem to react to the chief strangly.

Spoilers so you know. I do like the list you made though! ^^

Oh yeah one more thing, the engine is not Reaches, sadly. They had to go and start with the original halo engine all over again, like what they did in Halo 2 and 3.

Cheers!

22Halo 4 News April 10, 2012 Empty Re: Halo 4 News April 10, 2012 Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:46 pm

Mad Mike

Mad Mike
Trigger wrote:Oh about the Covenant cease fire, that isn't so simple either. The elites and the grunts and jackals aren't regular to say the least. Remember you will be fighting rebel/ancient humans, so to say that millions of lightyears away from human space that the covie cease fire was broken is some large speculation.

In my own opinion after seeing the way they fight I can easily say that they are much tougher(that could just be gameplay) and they seem to react to the chief strangly.

Oh yeah one more thing, the engine is not Reaches, sadly. They had to go and start with the original halo engine all over again, like what they did in Halo 2 and 3.

Cheers!

???was there a new gameplay trailer that i have missed??? :S

23Halo 4 News April 10, 2012 Empty Re: Halo 4 News April 10, 2012 Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:55 pm

theastromechdroid

theastromechdroid
Trigger wrote:Oh about the Covenant cease fire, that isn't so simple either. The elites and the grunts and jackals aren't regular to say the least. Remember you will be fighting rebel/ancient humans, so to say that millions of lightyears away from human space that the covie cease fire was broken is some large speculation.

Cheers!

Was there a gameplay video of the covenants that I missed? I've seen pictures of the covenant, but I haven't seen actual gameplay though. [although i really want to see one] Oh and about the covenant cease-fire and the engine it's running on, I just copied off the official OXM website. LoL
Link is here for more detailed description:

I really find it weird though how Master Chief goes to cryo-sleep and all of a sudden, he has a thruster pack and Cortana has a new look. But I think the fact that the human-convenant ceasefire is already broken is a bit weird. I hope they put some story behind it.

Thanks for the compliment!

24Halo 4 News April 10, 2012 Empty Re: Halo 4 News April 10, 2012 Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:02 pm

BloodBrothers

BloodBrothers
Dev Team
Mad Mike wrote:

Cheers!

???was there a new gameplay trailer that i have missed??? :S
You may have missed things that went on at Pax East...

https://sovereigngamestudios.forumotion.com/

25Halo 4 News April 10, 2012 Empty Re: Halo 4 News April 10, 2012 Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:17 pm

CWO4 Anthony321123

CWO4 Anthony321123

Cheers!
Where did you see the video your talking about? Can you put a link? I can't find it.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Copyright © 2012 Sovereign Game Studios All Rights Reserved.