Sovereign Game Studios' personal website. Providing you with up to date information regarding our video game title.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Portfolio for Writing Empty Portfolio for Writing Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:36 pm

Wiltz

Wiltz
I have been asking since the beginning of BVG and have never had a chance to write, now I am going put portfolio up on here, to see what you think.

I woke up on the Mother of Invention surrounded by medical personnel, I was covered in blood from my last mission where we had to recover a sarcophagus from a massive Insurrectionist hideout right in the middle of the city. All I could remember from the mission was the tower exploding and me being stabbed in the throat by one of the Insurrectionist thugs. Things had not gone down well.
The station I was in was unbelievably hi-tech, the Director must have spent a lot of money getting the best of the best and he never did disappoint. The Director was ruthless and would kill any of us in a second if it meant him gaining something, but all the Freelancers including me fought for his attention. We were like a load of puppies begging for food.
But he always had his sights on Agent Texas, his plaything, who embarrassed me in front of a host of Freelancers, even with a live ammunition she wouldn't go down. The [REDACTED]. She was the one who messed up my mission, Texas [REDACTED] up my cool and made me make a load of laughable decisions. Texas was nothing but trouble for us and I knew from the moment I saw her that she would do something.
I kept back my anger as Dr. Challus entered the room. He was the coldest of doctors, and I respected him for it.
“His vital signs seem to be good,” came the booming voice of Challus as he entered the room. He then turned to me,“you have been through quite the ordeal Maine. How are you?” I tried to speak but nothing other than a grunt came out, I started panicking and managed to muster the word “good”.
“Nice to see your larynx wasn't totally destroyed. I wouldn't try speaking though, it will only hurt you even more, that knife wound certainly wasn't nice but I think we cleared up most of the scars. C'mon sit up I need to see if we've done everything we can.”
I stood up, it felt weird with no armour on, I was used to the gravity pushing down on me, it reassured me. I walked around the station trying to find my footing which I'd seemed to have lost while passed out. Once I was in stride I felt new again, even if a little bit vulnerable.
“Good. You seem to be working at functional capacity, I think you should stay here for a couple of days though, so I can do more tests.” I resented the fact that I wasn't good enough to fight with my fellow Freelancers, I was not ready to stay in that room for 48 hours. So I stood up and walked straight out of the medical station, I could hear Challus running after me, I turned around to face him and tried to speak.
“Don... Don't... you dare... st... stop me.” I collapsed in pain, Challus was right; speaking would cause me pain, I just didn't know it would cause this much. I bent over and coughed, I kept coughing till I saw a red strand of blood and shortly passed out.

I woke up to find myself in the same room I was in, but this time I was surrounded with guards and three black silhouettes, I shortly found the owners as my eyes adjusted to the light. The Director, the Counsellor and Dr. Challus. The Director knelt down to my height on the bed with the same stern look he always had. I was expecting disappointment in him, but he just smiled.
“Good to see you awake Maine. This time I trust you won't run out on poor Dr. Challus.” All I could do was stare at him, into his cold eyes. I sometimes wondered what it would be like behind the eyes of the mysterious person who stood in front of me. “I take that as a yes. I don't judge you for running, in fact I praise it, I just don't want to have one of my top agents injured very close to the Project.
We had all been told of this mysterious project that was apparently nearly done, no one even had a guess about what it could be, it was hovering ominously above other weaker freelancers but I personally looked forward to this “Project”. It meant a chance to amaze the Director.
“Now Maine. You are going wait the two days till you are fully recovered, but after that I've got a very special mission for you to do. It will involve you killing a very high priority target and may even change the war for the better. For this mission though, you won't be on your own, you will take Agent Iowa.”
Agent Iowa, or “I” as most called her, was an incredible soldier, she could kill you in an instant much like most of the freelancers, but “I” had something that made her stand out. She was not considered a top agent by the Director but she was definitely as good as Carolina, her let down was her laziness. “I” gave up as soon as the odds were against her and that was in most situations which angered the Director. I personally liked “I” and thought she was a willing opponent. Even to the extent of what most would call a crush, I would say a confused, physical likeness. Nothing more.
“Maine? Are you listening?” The Director enquired. I made a grunt of approval with my voice. “Good. Just making sure. Get better soon Maine.”
The Director and the Counsellor left the room, leaving me and Dr. Challus alone. He just turned to his work station and worked on some glowing chip. He noticed my awareness of the object and concealed it from my view saying; “don't worry, it's nothing to do with you.”

2Portfolio for Writing Empty Re: Portfolio for Writing Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:38 pm

Legal

Legal
Is this red vs blue?

3Portfolio for Writing Empty Re: Portfolio for Writing Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:39 pm

Wiltz

Wiltz
indeed, its a fanfiction

4Portfolio for Writing Empty Re: Portfolio for Writing Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:40 pm

Legal

Legal
Wiltz wrote:indeed, its a fanfiction
Very nice, you read my story? Halo: Blood Brothers READ IT NAO

5Portfolio for Writing Empty Re: Portfolio for Writing Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:43 pm

Legal

Legal
Mines not the best, I'm kinda rushing it. I should slow down. LOL

6Portfolio for Writing Empty Re: Portfolio for Writing Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:49 pm

Wiltz

Wiltz
It sounds good, I really want a writing position. As I really want to help and also I will be writing a lot more soon.

7Portfolio for Writing Empty Re: Portfolio for Writing Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:51 pm

Legal

Legal
Wiltz wrote:It sounds good, I really want a writing position. As I really want to help and also I will be writing a lot more soon.
I'm trying to improve on my own writing skills. I probably shoulda done it in first person. Yours is brilliant by the way.

8Portfolio for Writing Empty Re: Portfolio for Writing Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:53 pm

Wiltz

Wiltz
I've never written in first person, but now I have I can really get inside the Meta's head.

9Portfolio for Writing Empty Re: Portfolio for Writing Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:55 pm

Legal

Legal
Wiltz wrote:I've never written in first person, but now I have I can really get inside the Meta's head.
It's fantastic. I think first person is easier because like you say you can get inside their head more and include a lot more detail about the characters and go deep into their emotions and blah blah..

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Copyright © 2012 Sovereign Game Studios All Rights Reserved.