Sovereign Game Studios' personal website. Providing you with up to date information regarding our video game title.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

14/6/2012 - Oh' What Men Dare Do. Empty 4/6/2012 - Oh' What Men Dare Do. Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:23 pm

Noble

Dev Team
I'm sure most of the community is confused by the nature in which we have dismantled the BVG site, hopefully we can get a few things cleared up. Most of the dev team left BVG due to the owner, Swanton. The minimal effort he put into the game along with demands he gave out were not only tiring but self destructive to the integrity of what BVGStudios was all about. However, we realized in us quitting that we were leaving the community behind, all with hopes high for the game Halo: Galaxy of Combat (which was made to seem much farther along in progress than it actually was). After discovering that Swanton had begun claiming ripped assets as his own and along with Justin joining Sovereign, we decided to lock down the site (which is still Justin's property) and have it redirect here. Some of you read messages on the forums pertaining to this matter, but many did not since Swanton quickly deleted these posts and began issuing bans. Our original plan was to retake admin control on the site and move back, but Justin brought up the idea of hosting it privately and being able to have more customization and reliability.

We are currently in the process of creating the new site and hope to move there soon, along with getting a new domain name. We apologize to the community for this abrupt change and ask that you stick with us, you'll be glad you did. Wink

As for our game (since BVGStudios is pretty much gone) we DO NOT plan on finishing Halo: Galaxy of Combat. However, we will be making a new and different Halo related game that will have large scale multi-player battles, just not quite big enough to be considered an FPSMMO. We will not go too far into details at this time, but look forward to more information on it in later updates.

A Falsis Principiis Proficisci
(Nobody has asked what that even means yet Wink )

-Noble

24/6/2012 - Oh' What Men Dare Do. Empty Re: 4/6/2012 - Oh' What Men Dare Do. Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:25 pm

Jony

Jony
Noble wrote:I'm sure most of the community is confused by the nature in which we have dismantled the BVG site, hopefully we can get a few things cleared up. Most of the dev team left BVG due to the owner, Swanton. The minimal effort he put into the game along with demands he gave out were not only tiring but self destructive to the integrity of what BVGStudios was all about. However, we realized in us quitting that we were leaving the community behind, all with hopes high for the game Halo: Galaxy of Combat (which was made to seem much farther along in progress than it actually was). After discovering that Swanton had begun claiming ripped assets as his own and along with Justin joining Sovereign, we decided to lock down the site (which is still Justin's property) and have it redirect here. Some of you read messages on the forums pertaining to this matter, but many did not since Swanton quickly deleted these posts and began issuing bans. Our original plan was to retake admin control on the site and move back, but Justin brought up the idea of hosting it privately and being able to have more customization and reliability.

We are currently in the process of creating the new site and hope to move there soon, along with getting a new domain name. We apologize to the community for this abrupt change and ask that you stick with us, you'll be glad you did. Wink

As for our game (since BVGStudios is pretty much gone) we DO NOT plan on finishing Halo: Galaxy of Combat. However, we will be making a new and different Halo related game that will have large scale multi-player battles, just not quite big enough to be considered an FPSMMO. We will not go too far into details at this time, but look forward to more information on it in later updates.

-Noble

Well what does "Falsis Principiis Proficisci" mean?

34/6/2012 - Oh' What Men Dare Do. Empty Re: 4/6/2012 - Oh' What Men Dare Do. Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:25 pm

Noble

Dev Team
Triobiitti wrote:
Noble wrote:I'm sure most of the community is confused by the nature in which we have dismantled the BVG site, hopefully we can get a few things cleared up. Most of the dev team left BVG due to the owner, Swanton. The minimal effort he put into the game along with demands he gave out were not only tiring but self destructive to the integrity of what BVGStudios was all about. However, we realized in us quitting that we were leaving the community behind, all with hopes high for the game Halo: Galaxy of Combat (which was made to seem much farther along in progress than it actually was). After discovering that Swanton had begun claiming ripped assets as his own and along with Justin joining Sovereign, we decided to lock down the site (which is still Justin's property) and have it redirect here. Some of you read messages on the forums pertaining to this matter, but many did not since Swanton quickly deleted these posts and began issuing bans. Our original plan was to retake admin control on the site and move back, but Justin brought up the idea of hosting it privately and being able to have more customization and reliability.

-Noble

Google it, or should I say, Justin it Wink

44/6/2012 - Oh' What Men Dare Do. Empty Re: 4/6/2012 - Oh' What Men Dare Do. Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:26 pm

Halo Wrexx

Halo Wrexx
A false start for the. That's what it means...

54/6/2012 - Oh' What Men Dare Do. Empty Re: 4/6/2012 - Oh' What Men Dare Do. Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:26 pm

Jony

Jony
Noble wrote:
Triobiitti wrote:

-Noble

FROM FALSE PRINCIPLES?

64/6/2012 - Oh' What Men Dare Do. Empty Re: 4/6/2012 - Oh' What Men Dare Do. Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:27 pm

Noble

Dev Team
To set forth from false principles. It makes sense with the situation.

74/6/2012 - Oh' What Men Dare Do. Empty Re: 4/6/2012 - Oh' What Men Dare Do. Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:27 pm

SirMarty

SirMarty
Triobiitti wrote:

-Noble

Good thing I know a bit of Latin. I'm surprised no one had ever asked, either.

I think it means "from false principles". Razz

https://www.youtube.com/user/MagnificentMarty

84/6/2012 - Oh' What Men Dare Do. Empty Re: 4/6/2012 - Oh' What Men Dare Do. Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:28 pm

1st LT Knadan

1st LT Knadan
When I googled it I came up with "From False Principals."
And for those who haven't seen Noble's post that kicked off the revolution, I'll just put it here:

I've been a part of this team and the community for a long time now, but after recent events I have decided to follow suit with the rest of the dev team in leaving the project and starting anew. The reasons for most of the dev team vary to person but for the most part it is Swanton's failure at 'leading' a team and controlling the rest of the team. I personally feel that Halo: Galaxy of Combat will never see the light of day, you have been lied to.

After almost 10 people from the team left they brought ALL the models they ever made for GoC with them, putting this game months behind. Everything you have ever seen on this site for Halo: Galaxy of Combat is now gone and is planned on being used in this next project. Swanton has recently hired a 'ghost staff', since I've yet to have any contact with them. The models and assets they have 'made', most of which, have turned out to be other's work or was incorrectly sourced by Swanton himself.

Still don't believe me? I'm part of the dev team and have been so for many months. Galaxy of Combat has taken many turns for the worse, and Swanton's style of managing a team is inefficient and self destructive. Myself and the rest of the dev team plan on making a game even better than this, start on a clean sheet with a foot already in the right direction. The game we are currently working on has more progress that GoC may ever have. I apologize to the community for not coming forward sooner but I hope you listen to what I say and not your hopes any higher.

Most likely this post with quickly be deleted by Swanton, and if it does please don't refrain yourself from re-posting it, not until all the community knows the truth.

Prepare for Revolution
-Noble

94/6/2012 - Oh' What Men Dare Do. Empty Re: 4/6/2012 - Oh' What Men Dare Do. Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:30 pm

SirMarty

SirMarty
I'm just waiting for you devs to deliver an important announcement in which 343i would want to work with the game, and Microsoft would want rights to publish it.

Because of the lock down of BVG, I almost lost my 'Discussion' thread, but LH Justin was here to save the day!

And still to my surprise, I didn't know Swanton was a bad, bad developer.

https://www.youtube.com/user/MagnificentMarty

104/6/2012 - Oh' What Men Dare Do. Empty Re: 4/6/2012 - Oh' What Men Dare Do. Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:30 pm

ghost59

ghost59
Triobiitti wrote:
Noble wrote:
Triobiitti wrote:

-Noble

FROM FALSE PRINCIPLES?
well that cool -_- all was knew he wasnt doing something right,

114/6/2012 - Oh' What Men Dare Do. Empty Re: 4/6/2012 - Oh' What Men Dare Do. Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:06 pm

Wiltz

Wiltz
Does that mean no massive experience like in Thel 'Vadam's post.

124/6/2012 - Oh' What Men Dare Do. Empty Re: 4/6/2012 - Oh' What Men Dare Do. Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:14 pm

Noble

Dev Team
Wiltz wrote:Does that mean no massive experience like in Thel 'Vadam's post.

We're looking into like 64, which is what UDK is normally able to handle.

134/6/2012 - Oh' What Men Dare Do. Empty Re: 4/6/2012 - Oh' What Men Dare Do. Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:44 pm

mini0013xx

mini0013xx
64 players eh? I like it.
Now how about a campaign? I love campaign. Please?

144/6/2012 - Oh' What Men Dare Do. Empty Re: 4/6/2012 - Oh' What Men Dare Do. Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:01 pm

Jony

Jony
mini0013xx wrote:64 players eh? I like it.
Now how about a campaign? I love campaign. Please?

I would love Covenant campaign. You play as Grunt,Brute, elite etc.

154/6/2012 - Oh' What Men Dare Do. Empty Re: 4/6/2012 - Oh' What Men Dare Do. Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:38 pm

Kusa 'Aezotee

Kusa 'Aezotee
Thel 'Vadam wrote:I'm just waiting for you devs to deliver an important announcement in which 343i would want to work with the game, and Microsoft would want rights to publish it.

Because of the lock down of BVG, I almost lost my 'Discussion' thread, but LH Justin was here to save the day!

It would be pretty cool if 343i were to work with them. Although the probably wouldn't be free anymore.
I also think a Covenant campaign would be awesome.
Off topic: Spell check says 343i is a real word. Huh.

164/6/2012 - Oh' What Men Dare Do. Empty Re: 4/6/2012 - Oh' What Men Dare Do. Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:01 am

Jony

Jony
Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:
Thel 'Vadam wrote:I'm just waiting for you devs to deliver an important announcement in which 343i would want to work with the game, and Microsoft would want rights to publish it.

It would be pretty cool if 343i were to work with them. Although the probably wouldn't be free anymore.
I also think a Covenant campaign would be awesome.
Off topic: Spell check says 343i is a real word. Huh.

I already have mods for Halo 2, so i can play as Grunt, but 'real' campaign would be awesome.

174/6/2012 - Oh' What Men Dare Do. Empty Re: 4/6/2012 - Oh' What Men Dare Do. Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:04 pm

Simply Five

Simply Five
Thats such a shame to hear it fell apart.

But i have a few questions.

1. Did you get to keep some of the assets from galaxy of combat? or are you starting from scratch?

2. Is galaxy of combat still coming out under the 3 people still at bvg?

3. When abouts is the game planned to be released?

And thank you.Thank you for continuing to care for your fans.
Smile

184/6/2012 - Oh' What Men Dare Do. Empty Re: 4/6/2012 - Oh' What Men Dare Do. Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:13 pm

Jony

Jony
Simply Five wrote:Thats such a shame to hear it fell apart.

1. Did you get to keep some of the assets from galaxy of combat? or are you starting from scratch?

Smile

1. What do you mean 'assets' you mean workers or files etc? I think every member from BVG left, because of Swanton.

2. Galaxy of Combat is cancelled, i don't know if Swanton is still trying to work with it, but that's very unlikely.

3. We just have to wait...

194/6/2012 - Oh' What Men Dare Do. Empty Re: 4/6/2012 - Oh' What Men Dare Do. Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:42 pm

Simply Five

Simply Five
Triobiitti wrote:

Smile

1. What do you mean 'assets' you mean workers or files etc? I think every member from BVG left, because of Swanton.

2. Galaxy of Combat is cancelled, i don't know if Swanton is still trying to work with it, but that's very unlikely.

By assets i was talking about anything that was designed for GoC, such as weapons, ai, vehichles, ect.

204/6/2012 - Oh' What Men Dare Do. Empty Re: 4/6/2012 - Oh' What Men Dare Do. Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:34 pm

Jony

Jony
Simply Five wrote:
Triobiitti wrote:

Smile

By assets i was talking about anything that was designed for GoC, such as weapons, ai, vehichles, ect.

files. Yes they have rights to keep every weapons,vehicles etc.

214/6/2012 - Oh' What Men Dare Do. Empty Re: 4/6/2012 - Oh' What Men Dare Do. Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:27 pm

Noskills117

Noskills117
I'm back

Aww man stuff went bad? Again?

you guys should try to get some of the guys from BVG that left,

however make sure you check that they are hardworking and honest,
I think the reason most this stuff went bad or didn't get done was because some of the guys involved in H:GOC didn't have a very good work ethic. Of course most 16 year olds don't have much of that, I know I sure didn't when I was that age.

Soo...

Just some suggestions:
-Look on halo wiki type sites for lore/story/canon to put in. I found out so much from them, just don't get lost in there! Smile

-The more you talk/work with 343i the better things will be (just don't lose your souls) Twisted Evil

-Interview/check up on frequently/monitor people you bring on board, someone who doesn't meet deadlines, doesn't work hard, isn't a nice guy/steals, should not be on your team, but you guys probably know that by now.

-figure out how other start up games run/work, us their model, (wargaming/world of tanks comes to mind)

-don't give up on space-combat, and interconnecting different game-styles (such as space and land and planetary) can be done easily if you do it creatively, (such as Tom Clancy's Endwar did it) using stats and wins ect. to influence games that happen later makes each game seem important, the non-gameplay in-between being connected to and affecting the actual game-play can make the game seem that much more impressive.

so ya that's my advice,
good luck my friends!

224/6/2012 - Oh' What Men Dare Do. Empty Re: 4/6/2012 - Oh' What Men Dare Do. Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:56 pm

Kusa 'Aezotee

Kusa 'Aezotee
Noskills117 wrote:I'm back

I think the reason most this stuff went bad or didn't get done was because some of the guys involved in H:GOC didn't have a very good work ethic. Of course most 16 year olds don't have much of that, I know I sure didn't when I was that age.

Soo...

Just some suggestions:
-Look on halo wiki type sites for lore/story/canon to put in. I found out so much from them, just don't get lost in there! Smile

-The more you talk/work with 343i the better things will be (just don't lose your souls) Twisted Evil

-Interview/check up on frequently/monitor people you bring on board, someone who doesn't meet deadlines, doesn't work hard, isn't a nice guy/steals, should not be on your team, but you guys probably know that by now.

-figure out how other start up games run/work, us their model, (wargaming/world of tanks comes to mind)

-don't give up on space-combat, and interconnecting different game-styles (such as space and land and planetary) can be done easily if you do it creatively, (such as Tom Clancy's Endwar did it) using stats and wins ect. to influence games that happen later makes each game seem important, the non-gameplay in-between being connected to and affecting the actual game-play can make the game seem that much more impressive.

so ya that's my advice,
good luck my friends!
I'm pretty sure everyone from BVG actually left and joined Sovereign. Somebody else that plays Endwar?! Those exist?!

234/6/2012 - Oh' What Men Dare Do. Empty Re: 4/6/2012 - Oh' What Men Dare Do. Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:11 am

Noskills117

Noskills117
Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:

Soo...

Just some suggestions:

so ya that's my advice,
good luck my friends!
I'm pretty sure everyone from BVG actually left and joined Sovereign. Somebody else that plays Endwar?! Those exist?!

1-good
2-i know right? That game went to hell though, can't play online anymore, not that it was very reliable when you could though...

244/6/2012 - Oh' What Men Dare Do. Empty Re: 4/6/2012 - Oh' What Men Dare Do. Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:16 am

Kusa 'Aezotee

Kusa 'Aezotee
Noskills117 wrote:
Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:

Soo...

Just some suggestions:

so ya that's my advice,
good luck my friends!

1-good
2-i know right? That game went to hell though, can't play online anymore, not that it was very reliable when you could though...
I believe I only played three total online matches lol. Usually just play campaign. Over and over...

Last edited by Kusa 'Aezotee on Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total

254/6/2012 - Oh' What Men Dare Do. Empty Re: 4/6/2012 - Oh' What Men Dare Do. Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:04 am

BloodBrothers

BloodBrothers
Dev Team

Smile
1. Assets are ours and cannot be used by Swanton or anyone else without our permission.

2. That is up to BVG.

3. In this coming 8 years atleast.

https://sovereigngamestudios.forumotion.com/

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Copyright © 2012 Sovereign Game Studios All Rights Reserved.