Sovereign Game Studios' personal website. Providing you with up to date information regarding our video game title.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hey everyone, click on this link! Empty Hey everyone, click on this link! Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:06 am

mini0013xx

mini0013xx

2Hey everyone, click on this link! Empty Re: Hey everyone, click on this link! Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:16 am

Kusa 'Aezotee

Kusa 'Aezotee
I can see the horrific pathing issues in Forge already... Would be cool though.

Always wanted to spawn Grunts in Forge.

3Hey everyone, click on this link! Empty Re: Hey everyone, click on this link! Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:40 am

mini0013xx

mini0013xx
Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:I can see the horrific pathing issues in Forge already... Would be cool though.

Always wanted to spawn Grunts in Forge.

I meant it like this:

Bots spawn on an area of the map, and run around to simulate an actual multiplayer game on any map of your choosing.

4Hey everyone, click on this link! Empty Re: Hey everyone, click on this link! Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:51 pm

Kusa 'Aezotee

Kusa 'Aezotee
That would be a nice feature for sure. I don't see it being added in though.

5Hey everyone, click on this link! Empty Re: Hey everyone, click on this link! Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:37 am

camycamera

camycamera
that is a good idea. or people could just do massive wars between bots on forge... :3

6Hey everyone, click on this link! Empty Re: Hey everyone, click on this link! Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:26 am

Kusa 'Aezotee

Kusa 'Aezotee
camycamera wrote:that is a good idea. or people could just do massive wars between bots on forge... :3
As a matter of fact, that's exactly what I would do. In an attempt to make a better version of those countless "ai wars" maps in CE.

Last edited by Kusa 'Aezotee on Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total

7Hey everyone, click on this link! Empty Re: Hey everyone, click on this link! Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:44 am

mini0013xx

mini0013xx
Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:
camycamera wrote:that is a good idea. or people could just do massive wars between bots on forge... :3
As a matter of fact, that's exactly what I would do. In an attempt to make a better version of those countless "ai wars" mpas in CE.

Not a bad idea...

8Hey everyone, click on this link! Empty Re: Hey everyone, click on this link! Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:44 am

camycamera

camycamera
Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:
As a matter of fact, that's exactly what I would do. In an attempt to make a better version of those countless "ai wars" maps in CE.

yeah, it did remind me of halo ce...

9Hey everyone, click on this link! Empty Re: Hey everyone, click on this link! Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:40 pm

stryking

Dev Team
cool idea but it probably wouldnt work,
1. you need extra time to program the bots
2. you need to place the correct paths for ai bots which is where they go from each base across the map
3. you would need to mark where the kill zone is and where the bases are for each team
4. there needs to be trigger points in the ,map that signal real-time events such as explosions, spawns, item animation etc, not that you can do alot of this already.
5. blocking off ai from certain areas so that they do no take a visit outside the map.

not saying it wouldt be impossible but it would be extremely buggy and challenging

https://www.youtube.com/user/stryking12?feature=mhee

10Hey everyone, click on this link! Empty Re: Hey everyone, click on this link! Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:07 pm

mini0013xx

mini0013xx
stryking wrote:cool idea but it probably wouldnt work,
1. you need extra time to program the bots
2. you need to place the correct paths for ai bots which is where they go from each base across the map
3. you would need to mark where the kill zone is and where the bases are for each team
4. there needs to be trigger points in the ,map that signal real-time events such as explosions, spawns, item animation etc, not that you can do alot of this already.
5. blocking off ai from certain areas so that they do no take a visit outside the map.

not saying it wouldt be impossible but it would be extremely buggy and challenging

The CoD WaW map editor, radiant, uses something called pathnodes. They are invisible to the player in game, and make the ai only go places the pathnodes go. For me making a combat simulator, I'd be happy to place 100s of them around the map to let it play like a multiplayer map, except without needing any players.

11Hey everyone, click on this link! Empty Re: Hey everyone, click on this link! Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:27 pm

Kusa 'Aezotee

Kusa 'Aezotee
I hope Bungie releases map editing tools with their next game. Sapien... makes me unhappy.

The multiplayer ai thing, just doesn't sound like something that would be in Halo. Then again, who knows what 343i would think of the idea.

12Hey everyone, click on this link! Empty Re: Hey everyone, click on this link! Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:24 am

Mad Mike

Mad Mike
I'm thinking more of a "campaign creator" or something! Very Happy Maybe that would work if halo was for PC?

13Hey everyone, click on this link! Empty Re: Hey everyone, click on this link! Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:18 pm

lordpyromon

lordpyromon
I had an idea just like this where you can use forge to make custom firefight maps and you can choose the spawn points of all different types of covenant, and that's probably what I would use this feature for, that and testing custom gametypes.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Copyright © 2012 Sovereign Game Studios All Rights Reserved.